Shimmer Ornament by Corey Silverman
These little orbs of delight are a sweet size that won’t weigh down the branches of your customers' trees. The orb itself is mouth-blown and hand-shaped, then given an opalescent matte sheen and wrapped with threads that catch the light and add texture to the ornament. Finished with clear-glass hook.
Available in six colors:
- FIREFLY (green base fumed to impart blue-purple highlights)
- MARINE (cobalt colorbase)
- SUGARPLUM (purple colorbase)
- IVORY (white colorbase with dark threads)
- GARNET (red colorbase with oilslick threads)
- PEACH (pinky-orange colorbase with golden threads.)
Handmade by Corey Silverman of The Furnace in Denver, Colorado.
Corey Silverman of The Furnace was formally trained as a glass artist while getting his BFA at Alfred University in Alfred, NY. Upon graduating in 1998 he worked with several glass studios around the country before settling in Denver, CO in 1999. Everything from the Furnace is handblown and sculpted by Corey. Although there are specific product lines, every item is one of a kind. All pieces are signed and dated.