Ribbon Ornament by Corey Silverman
Our perennially-popular RIBBON-patterned orb features draping swags of color that gather together beneath a graceful, colored hook. These eye-catching ornaments are a welcome addition to any display, at any time of year.
Measures approximately 3.25-3.5"
- COPPER RED + SILVER BLUE is quite striking, with a swag of deep copper-y red contrasting against silvery-blue and cobalt blue. A swag of lightly frosted glass adds a touch of airiness. Copper-y gold hook. Matte luster finish.
- DARK GOLD + WHITE, is a rich and lustrous combination of deep golden amber and white with silvery-gold accent lines. Fumed for a matte luster finish; shiny golden hook.
- The LIGHT GOLD & WHITE is a soft, bright combination with alternating bands of light gold and white, with sparkling gold accent lines. Matte luster finish and a shiny golden hook.
- The NORTHERN LIGHTS colorway features a deep cobalt blue base with white and peacock-y green-gold swags. Cobalt blue hook.
- The SUGARPLUM ornament has a rich purple colorbase with white and ruby red swags. Deep red hook.
- SPLASH OF GOLD has an amber-gold base with swags of white and ruby red; deep red hook.
- CRANBERRIES & CREAM features a white colorbase with red and gold swags, a matte luster finish, and is topped by a ruby red hook.
- The PUNCH PINK colorway sports a vibrant, translucent pink base, white and gold swags, a matte luster finish, and a bright pink hook.
Handmade by Corey Silverman of The Furnace in Denver, Colorado.
Corey Silverman of The Furnace was formally trained as a glass artist while getting his BFA at Alfred University in Alfred, New York. Upon graduating in 1998 he worked with several glass studios around the country before settling in Denver, Colorado in 1999.
After much experimentation with glass in all its guises--including slumped forms, casting, cold work, and solid sculpting--he found himself always coming back to the blown form. “I love the immediacy found in making a blown vessel. There’s no questioning what it’s going to look like. You know the end result as you’re putting it away in the annealer. It feels great to have that kind of instant gratification in an art form.”
Corey Silverman created The Furnace Inc. in April of 2016 after 8 years as a partner and co-owner of C&H Glassworks. Everything from the Furnace is handblown and sculpted by Corey. Although there are specific product lines, every item is one of a kind. All pieces are signed and dated.
Find more of Corey's work here.