Dapple Ornament by Corey Silverman
These lovely blown glass ornaments feature metallic-looking accents dappled across a rich base of color.
- The AQUA colorway has a translucent aqua/lagoon-y blue base with leopard spots that look like gold leaf. Semi-matte luster finish and clear hook.
- The MAGENTA colorway features small islands of peacocky-gold float in lakes of deep purple dappled across a base of subtle pinkish ruby. Matte finish and clear hook.
- RED GOLD combines a bright, semi-transparent red with reflective splotches of silvery-gold. Shiny finish.
- The ULTRAVIOLET BLUE colorway is striking and variable, with a base color that may look neon purple or ultraviolet and leopard spots in a silvery-blue with hints of peacock green and/or cobalt blue. Matte luster finish and clear hook.
- WHITE, BLUE + SILVER features a base layer of bright, opaque white dappled with cobalt blue spots, most of which feature an "eye" of peacocky-silver-gold. Ornament is fumed for a matte finish. Clear hook.
Handmade by Corey Silverman of The Furnace in Denver, Colorado.
Corey Silverman of The Furnace was formally trained as a glass artist while getting his BFA at Alfred University in Alfred, NY. Upon graduating in 1998 he worked with several glass studios around the country before settling in Denver, CO in 1999. Everything from the Furnace is handblown and sculpted by Corey. Although there are specific product lines, every item is one of a kind. All pieces are signed and dated.