Arts and Crafts Houses Coloring Book
48 pages with 22 images to color
• Soft cover book with staple binding
• High-quality paper perfect for colored pencils, pens, and markers
• Printed with soy-based inks
• Sturdy cover to ensure long-lasting enjoyment
• Coloring pages are blank on the back so they can be cut out and displayed
Published with Swann Auction Galleries
Size: 8.5 x 11 x .25 in.
Jules Cheret was a French painter and lithographer who became a master of Belle Epoque Poster Art. He has been called the father of the modern poster. Born in Paris to a poor but creative family of artisans, Chéret had a very limited education. At age thirteen, he began a three-year apprenticeship with a lithographer and then his interest in painting led him to take an art course at the École Nationale de Dessin. Like most other fledgling artists, Chéret studied the techniques of various artists, past and present, by visiting Paris museums.